From the Academic Dean | NAPLAN 2021
As you will be aware, this year, along with most other students in NSW, Year 7 and Year 9 Trinity students will be completing NAPLAN Online testing in Weeks 4 and 5. Last term we ran practice tests to enable the School to again test its IT resources and the students to become familiar with the online test environment.
The online testing window is available for nine days; the timetable for testing at Trinity is published below, and was sent to parents of the relevant Year groups earlier in the week. Students are allocated to one of two venues, either the Assembly Hall or Centenary Centre, and will be supported by a team of IT specialists, invigilators and teachers to promote a smooth and focussed NAPLAN Online experience.
NAPLAN provides an opportunity to show what students know, understand and can do, as well as growth over the two-year period since the last testing window. Parents can support their son by ensuring he:
- Brings a fully charged device to school on each of the testing days
- Brings a pencil or pen to each testing session to plan answers as permitted
- Knows where and when his tests will take place
- Eats a substantial, nourishing breakfast and morning tea, and drinks plenty of water
- Understands that NAPLAN provides one snapshot in a very full year of academic assessment and achievement. It helps teachers identify strengths and targets for different students, but results are always interpreted in light of all the other learning evidence students produce.
Students who are absent for the tests will have opportunity for catch up sessions on Friday 21st May. Students who require catch up sessions will be contacted by the Curriculum Office via their School email account, and should check their school email for this communication.
Students can access the public practice platform if they would like to view the test layout once again.
Further information for parents about NAPLAN Online is available here.
If you have any further questions about NAPLAN Online or Trinity testing arrangements, please contact the Curriculum Office on 9581 – 6135.
Deborah Williams | Academic Dean
2021 NAPLAN TEST SCHEDULE
Catch up session | Friday 21st May 2021
Academic Excellence Citations and Engagement Citations – Semester Two I am delighted to publish the names…
It was great to see 27 teams hit the court against Waverley on Saturday. There were…
Askew, Oliver (10We) Line Track and Field NSW Nitro Schools Intermediate Champs 2021 Dedousis, John (11Mu)…