Junior School Auxiliary Meeting

Thursday, 4 February 2021 – Minutes

ATTENDEES:

Mark Dunn, Amanda Maclean, Mike Miller, Michelle Read, Doreen Milena, Helen Karlos, Kylie Evans, Danielle Sutherland, Anasua Roy, Jaimee Lieu

The minutes from last meeting were published.

MARK DUNN HEAD OF THE JUNIOR SCHOOL

Seventy four new boys started at the Junior School this year. Class Parents need to ensure new parents feel welcome and informed, a part of the Junior School community.

There has been positive feedback on co curricular activities. EOIs are high – selection criteria will apply. If students miss out this term they will be prioritised if they reapply for that activity next term.

Events planned for this term are to be planned as timetabled in calendar, but adapted and changed as date approaches, in accordance with current Covid restrictions.

Year 5 Cyber Safety course likely to be presented online for boys and parents to work through together.

Green Patch Program will begin later this term. Initially boys will be involved in the preparation of the space and soil.

All camps to go ahead as planned.

Auxiliary confirmed funding for Yr 6 jerseys.

MICHELLE READ AUXILIARY PRESIDENT

Movie Night to be postponed, due to current Covid restrictions. Suggested that new date to be towards end of Term 3.

Proposed Mother’s/Father’s Day Stalls to be run by Yr 6 boys again this year. Gelato Day to be held in Term 1. Gelato will be in individual cups and will be distributed by Yr 6 boys. We need more fundraising ideas that comply with Covid restrictions.

Class Parents to organise get togethers to welcome new parents and boys. Suggestions include – meeting for coffee; outdoor oriented family days. Large gatherings need to be run by Mr Dunn.

DOREEN MILENAAUXILIARY TREASURER

Auxiliary budget $44,500 at end of 2020.

Yr 6 jerseys – $3,300

Green Patch contribution TBA

AOB

Mr Dunn will investigate apparent confusion caused by signs in the car park. All Junior School boys are to be dropped off outside Fitness centre and picked up around the corner.

It was suggested that school photos alternated between summer/winter uniform. Year parents to survey school and report back.

Art project for Fiesta/Online action approved. Mrs Nikolov to be asked to program this into Art curriculum for all years. Amanda to contact her.

All parents are welcome to attend P&F meetings. Dates of meetings to be shared by class parents. P&F Trivia night will go ahead, but likely to be virtual.

NEXT MEETING THURSDAY 4th MARCH, ENVY CAFÉ, SUMMER HILL

MEETING CONCLUDED 10:20am


Related Articles

Head Master's Bulletin

Football News

Welcome Back Welcome everyone to the 2021 winter season of the world game. At recess and…

Head Master's Bulletin

From the Head Master

Imagine reorganising the week, so that ‘Saturday’ sport happens on a Wednesday and classes happen on…

Prep News

Sportsmaster | Preparatory School

Last Saturday we had our Winter Sport trials day. We were fortunate enough to be given permission…